Mosaic Digital Wok
- The Preheat function ensures your NuWave Mosaic Wok reaches the perfect temperature before you begin cooking. While the carbon steel wok heats up extremely quickly, the Preheat function ensures the wok isn’t too hot when cooking with oil or other ingredients.
- The Stage function lets you choose up to 10 different times and temperatures for your NuWave Mosaic to automatically adjust to while you cook.
- The NuWave Mosaic Induction Wok utilizes a series of induction coils built right into the base to heat the specially designed wok. These coils generate magnetic fields that produce a warming reaction in the carbon steel wok generating heat directly in the wok.
- The NuWave Mosaic’s induction cooking technology is much more energy efficient than traditional cooking methods like your gas or electric stove. Induction cooking emits no flame, so less residual heat is produced in your kitchen, saving energy. Plus, the carbon steel wok is custom-made for the Mosaic’s induction base, ensuring the curvature of the wok and the base match perfectly. This means that the total surface of the wok comes in contact with the induction surface, ensuring every part of the wok heats up quickly and evenly every time.
- No. Only the carbon steel wok that’s included with your NuWave Mosaic purchase may be used with the Induction Wok Base. Any other wok or piece of cookware may not be used with the Induction Wok Base. If you need an additional Wok or a replacement Wok, you may contact our Customer Service Department by calling 1-877-689-2838 or emailing [email protected].
- When the cooking process is complete, the surface of the unit will be heated where the wok was connected. Upon removal of carbon steel wok, the base stops conducting heat immediately. However, some time must be allowed for the surface and wok to cool completely.
- Most traditional woks are made from carbon steel and thus need to be seasoned before use. Seasoning is a special process that adds flavor to the carbon steel and helps make the wok non-stick. We recommend seasoning the NuWave Mosaic Induction Wok just like you would with any other carbon steel wok.
- To season,rinse and thoroughly dry the wok. Before proceeding, make sure you open a window or run a fan to ensure proper ventilation to minimize smoke buildup.
- Once the wok is thoroughly dried, heat the wok until it’s hot enough so that oil immediately smokes when added to it. Be aware, the wok will be extremely hot so exercise caution when seasoning. Carefully remove the wok from the heat and rub 2 tablespoons of peanut oil onto the wok’s surface with a dry cloth or a thick wad of paper towels so new layer of oil coats the surface.
- Once thoroughly coated with oil, allow the pan to cool to room temperature and repeat this process two or three more times, using a small amount of oil each time.
- Keep in mind that after you season your wok, you will not need to clean it in the traditional sense. In order to preserve the seasoning on the wok’s surface, avoid cleaning the wok with traditional soap.
- A genuine Asian steel wok may only come in to contact with detergent once in its life span: when the protective factory coating is thoroughly cleaned. Afterwards, the wok may never again be cleaned with soap or detergents.
- After the NuWave Mosaic has been used to cook, simply wipe it clean with a paper towel or dry rag.
- If the NuWave Mosaic requires more thorough cleaning, simply wipe the wok down using clean oil or a bamboo brush to scratch off any encrustations. Afterwards, simply run water into wok and scrub until any leftover residue is gone. Once all residue has been removed, repeat the seasoning process before cooking again.
- No. A small amount of discoloration is to be expected and perfectly normal when you season any cookware such as the NuWave Mosaic wok.
- Scientific tests have proven that induction cooktops do not pose a risk to health. However, persons with a pacemaker should keep a minimum distance of two feet from the NuWave Mosaic while it is operating. Those who use oxygen should also remain a safe distance from induction cooktops. And as an added safety precaution, aerosol (spray) products should not be used in proximity to the NuWave Mosaic.
- The NuWave Mosaic Wok gives you the opportunity to adjust the maximum wattage output, choosing from 600, 900 or the default 1500 watts. This allows you to enjoy the benefits of induction cooking anywhere without running the risk of shorting out a fuse when cooking on the go, on the patio, or anywhere you may have a limited power supply.
The following situations are just some examples of when you would use the 3 wattage settings.
- 600 watts: dorm rooms and boats
- 900 watts: RVs, decks and patios
- 500 watts: when you want to get the maximum power
- The Nuwave Mosaic Wok includes a 1-year warranty. See more information in the Support tab under Warranty filtered by product.
- If you want to start a warranty claim, go to the Support tab on nuwavenow.com and click on “Warranty Claims” to start one.
- Don’t worry, you can always download printer support materials on the Product Page or from the Support tab, which will be sorted by product.
Catch the Wave
Get access to the latest small kitchen appliances and air purifiers, plus deals and more coming from NuWave!
T: 877-689-2838 | [email protected] | 560 E. Bunker Court, Vernon Hills, IL 60061 | Not For Resale
Warehouses: 1243 Gregory Dr. Antioch, IL 60002 | 1151 Gregory Drive Antioch, IL 60002
Copyright © 2023 NuWave, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Terms & Conditions |