Black Bean Burger
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1 (16-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- 1 t grated lime zest
- ¾ t chili powder
- 1 t fresh oregano
Sea salt to taste
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 2 T hot sauce
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 Brioche buns
Preheat Bravo and set to broil (TOP only) to 500°F.
Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until fairly fine. Form bean mixture into 4 patties. Spray both sides of each bean patty and season with salt and pepper.
- Place patties in enamel baking pan. Set to broil and cook at 500°F (TOP only) with the cooking rack in position, Cook 3-4 min. then flip and cook (TOP only) for 2 additional min.
- When done, slide out cooking rack. Top each burger with cheese. Cook at 500°F (TOP only) to melt, about 1 min. Remove burgers.
- If toasting buns, open each and spray insides of halves with cooking spray. Place on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for about 2 min., TOP only, until golden brown. Place bean burger on bottom bun.
- Arrange avocado slices on top, drizzle with hot sauce, and top with other half of bun.