Blue Cheese Onion Tart
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ c heavy cream
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ c blue cheese, crumbled
- 9-in. ready-baked pastry shell
- ¾ c Parmesan cheese, shredded
Place pie shell in enamel baking pan and blind bake at 350°F for 8-10 min on cooking rack in position 3. Remove; set aside.
In baking pan, heat olive oil and sautéed onions until brown. Slide out and stir frequently to avoid burning; set caramelized onions aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Add caramelized onions and blue cheese. Pour eggs and onion mixture into pre-baked pie shell.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on cooking rack in position. Set to bake at 350°F for 15 min.
- Remove and let sit for 5 min. before slicing serving.