- 12 corn husks
- water (as needed)
1-½ lbs chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 c red mole
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 c water (to steam tamales)
- 3 c masa
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 1 t baking powder
2-¼ c chicken stock
- Fill sink with cold water and submerge corn husks. Weigh down husks so they are completely under water.
While husks soak, in a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, salt, red mole, and cheese. Mix well; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine, masa, oil, baking powder, chicken stock, and salt. Gently mix until a moist, thick dough is formed.
- Remove husks from sink and place on a dry, clean dish towel. Divide dough between corn husks and spread out. Top with filling then roll tamales: Left to center, right to center, then roll from bottom. Place steaming rack in pressure cooker. Add 1c water to pressure cooker and place rolled tamales on steamer rack, standing upright.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "multi grain", adjust time to 23 minutes, and press "start/stop". When done, allow pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and gently remove tamales. Place on a flat surface to cool for 10 minutes. Once slightly cooled, place in container until ready to eat.