Coconut Buttercream Cake
- ½c butter, softened
- 1c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½c all-purpose flour
- ½t sea salt
- 1t baking powder
- ½t baking soda
- ½c buttermilk
- 1t vanilla extract
- Butter flavored shortening, as needed
- All-purpose flour (to coat a 7-inch springform pan)
- 8oz. butter
- 2c powdered sugar
- 1c coconut flakes (garnish)
- In a blender or mixer, cream the butter and sugar at medium speed for 5 minutes, adding 1 egg at a time as you go.
- Combine and sift the dry ingredients and add them to the batter. Then, add the buttermilk and vanilla, alternating between the two as you go.
- 3. Place the Wire Rack into position 2. Press Menu and turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 66 (Bake at 325˚F with 20% Rear Heat, 40% Top Heat, 40% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 1). Press START/ PAUSE to begin preheating.
- Prepare the 7-inch Springform Baking Pan by spreading the butter flavored shortening around the inside of the pan and then dusting it with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the prepared 7-inch Springform Baking Pan.
- Once preheated, the oven will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food. Open the oven Door and place the 7-inch Springform Baking Pan onto the Wire Rack. Close the oven Door to begin to Bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla for the frosting in a mixer or blender on mediumhigh speed for 6 to 7 minutes. Set the frosting aside to decorate the cake later.
- When the cooking cycle has ended, the oven will beep three times and display “END”.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Then, remove it from the 7-inch Springform Baking Pan and let it cool on a wire Grill/Griddle Rack for 30 minutes. Spread the frosting all over the cake and press the coconut flakes into the frosting all around the sides.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy.
It may be easier to use your hands to press the coconut flakes all around the cake, cupping the
flakes in your hand and then applying them to the frosting.