Corn & Potato Chowder
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 3 T butter
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 3 c vegetable stock (or water)
- 5 ears corn, kernels removed
- 5 red potatoes, peeled, small dice
- 1 t sea salt
½ t black pepper
- 3 T cornstarch
- 2 T water
¾ c cheddar cheese
- 3 c half & half
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add butter, adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop". When melted, add onions and bell pepper and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add corn and potatoes. Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and set to "sear", adjust for 20 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- In a bowl, add cornstarch with water and mix. Add to cooker and stir.
- When boiling, incorporate cheese and half & half slowly, stirring constantly. Season to taste sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.