Curry Coconut Fish
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 curry leaves, kaffir or bay leaves
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh ginger, grated
- 1 T ground coriander
- 2 t ground cumin
½ t ground turmeric
- 1 T hot pepper flakes
½ t ground fenugreek
- 2 c coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 bell peppers, seeded, julienne
- 1 fresh tomato, small dice
- 2 lbs fresh fish fillets (catfish, grouper, swordfish, etc.)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
½ lemon, juice only
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add curry leaves (kaffir or bay leaves), and stir 1-2 minutes. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and sauté until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in coriander, cumin, turmeric, hot pepper flakes, and fenugreek. Sauté 2 minutes. When fragrant, add coconut milk to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to release any bits. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, and fish. Nestle fish into coconut milk, Add more coconut milk, if necessary.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "fish", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
Carefully open lid and remove curry, kaffir or bay leaves. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh black pepper, if necessary. Squeeze juice of ½ lemon on top. Ladle into serving dishes and serve hot with toasted bread.