Grilled Bluefin Tuna
Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- 2 Bluefin tuna steaks, 8oz. Each
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Place the plug-in Grill into the unit in Position 1.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 62. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the door. Insert the Probe into one of the tuna steaks and season them with salt and pepper. Spray the plug-in Grill with cooking spray and then place the tuna steaks on the hot plug-in Grill.
- Close the door to begin Stage 1 (450˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F).
- The unit will beep 3 times to alert you to turn over the tuna, then it will move on to Stage 2 (450˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 110˚F), after which the unit will emit 3 double beeps.
- Open the door and remove the tuna steaks, leaving in the Probe to monitor carryover cooking to 130˚F. When the carryover target temperature is reached, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.