½ c flour
- 3 T Hungarian paprika, divided
- 4 lbs chicken leg quarters, bone-in
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
½ c chicken stock
¼ t cayenne pepper
- 1 tomato, peeled, small dice
½ c sour cream
- 8 oz wide egg noodles, cooked
In a bowl, combine flour and 2T paprika. Dredge chicken in flour mixture; set aside.
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When hot, add chicken pieces, working in batches, if necessary. Cook until golden brown. Remove and transfer to plate; set aside.
- Add onions, chicken stock, cayenne pepper, and 1T of paprika/flour mix. Stir. Return chicken to pressure cooker. Add tomatoes over chicken (do not stir).
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "poultry", and adjust time to 8 minutes. Press "start/stop". When done, natural release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and remove chicken. Transfer to a platter.
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and press "start/stop". Bring liquid to a simmer. While simmering, in a bowl, add sour cream and ¼c of simmering liquid from cooker. Whisk until all liquid is incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Pour sour cream mixture into cooker. Mix well. Return chicken to cooker and allow to heat thoroughly. Arrange cooked egg noodles on a platter. Place chicken on noodles then pour sauce on top. Garnish with chopped parsley.