½ lb bacon, small dice
- 3 yellow onions, medium dice
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
3 lbs beef stew meat, 1-½-inch cubes
- 2 t cayenne pepper, ground
¼ c sweet Hungarian paprika, ground
- 2 c beef stock
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Egg noodles, cooked (for serving)
- Parsley, fine chop (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add bacon. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove to plate, leaving bacon fat in cooker. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
While onions and garlic are sautéing, add beef, cayenne pepper, and paprika to a mixing bowl. Toss to coat beef and add to pressure cooker. Brown beef on all sides. Add beef stock, tomato paste, and potatoes to pressure cooker. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 20 minutes then do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle over egg noodles and top with parsley.