Lamb Meatballs in F Sauce
- 1 lb ground lamb
½ c onions, minced
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t smoked paprika, divided
- 1 t ground cumin, divided
- 1 t sea salt, divided
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 c tomatoes, medium dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T adobo sauce from chipotle chilies
½ c water
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
In a mixing bowl, add lamb, onions, half of minced chilies, garlic, ½t cumin, ½t paprika, and ½t sea salt. Mix well. Form meatballs; set aside.
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". When hot, add meatballs and cook in batches. Cook 3 minutes per side for each. Remove meatballs; set aside.
- Add tomatoes, adobo sauce, remaining minced chilies, bay leaf, cumin, paprika, salt, and water.
- Return meatballs to cooker and into the sauce. Close lid and lock. Set pressure cooker to "meat/stew" and adjust time to 6 minutes. Press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove meatballs. Garnish with basil.