Philly Cheesesteak Soup
- 3 T canola oil
- 1 lb rib eye steak thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, peeled, finely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 T all-purpose flour
4 c chicken broth
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt, divided, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 lb provolone cheese, sliced
1 baguette, sliced on a bias (diagonally), ½-inch thick
- Paprika, as needed
- Fresh parsley, chopped, as needed
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “SEAR” and set time for 15 minutes. Press “PRESSURE” and select high. Press “TIME” and set for 5 minutes. Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature for 400°F. Press “TIME” and set for 8 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Press “START/PAUSE” to begin to sear. Add oil and allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 min., add rib eye steak slices, onions, green pepper, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft and just starting to brown, about 8 min. Add flour cook 2 min. Whisk until golden. Add broth and add half the cheese and stir to melt.
- Add Worcestershire and fresh ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
- When done, quick release all the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position.
- Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Place reversible rack in pot, making sure rack is in the higher position. Spray rack with cooking spray and place sliced baguettes on rack. Top with provolone cheese.
- Place on Duet Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin cooking for 4 minutes.
- Open Air Fryer Lid and sprinkle paprika on top. Close lid to resume cooking. Cooking is complete when cheese has browned and is bubbling, about 8 minutes total air-fry time. Serve in a bowl with the toasted cheese bread and garnish with chopped parsley.