Red Lentil Soup
Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil 1 onion, small dice 2 celery stalks, small dice 1 carrot, peeled, small dice 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c red lentils
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 T lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Plain yogurt (garnish)
- Set to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add onions, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Add red lentils, stock, and add bay leaf.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 20 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Check to see if lentils are soft and cooked. If not, cook and adjust for an additional 5 minutes. If done, add lemon juice, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Garnish soup with pain yogurt and drizzle with olive oil.
- For a thicker consistency, pure lentils after cooking (optional).