Tomatoes & Beans
- 1 c cannellini beans, dry (soaked overnight, then drained, rinsed)
- 4 c water
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sage leaves, chiffonade
- 4 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
½ c tomatoes, small dice
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch red pepper, crushed
- After beans have been drained and rinsed, place the pot with beans back into pressure cooker (if soaking overnight using pot). Pour in water.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "beans".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and drain beans. Carefully toss beans with oil, sage, basil, shallot, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Serve.