Apple Carrot Bread
- 1 large egg
- ½ c brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ c coconut oil, liquid state
- ¼ c sugar, granulated
- ¼ c sour cream
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 t cinnamon, ground
- ½ t nutmeg, ground
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- Salt to taste (optional)
- ¾ c carrots, grated
- ¾ c apples, grated
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Or, use Silicone Baking Pan with Divider.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg, brown sugar, coconut oil, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, optional salt, and fold with spatula until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add carrots and apples and fold to combine.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan or one side of Silicone Baking Pan with Divider.
- Bake for 40-50 min. or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Serve with or glaze with honey butter, cinnamon-sugar butter, or vanilla bean browned butter glaze.
- Bread will keep airtight at room.