Au Gratin Potatoes
Medley Digital Skillet
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup white cheddar or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Set Skillet to 300ºF and add butter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Set Skillet to 350ºF, gradually add in milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir until thickened. Turn off and stir in cheese until melted.
- Add potatoes and onion, and cover.
- Reduce to 275ºF and let bake for 1 hour or until fork tender.