Baked Italian Style Tomatoes
- 3T extra virgin olive oil
- 3lbs. Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2T dried oregano
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1lb. Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Line your Baking Pan with foil and coat it with 1T of olive oil.
- Press Menu and turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 64. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating Stage 1 (Bake at 350˚F with 20% Rear Heat, 40% Top Heat, 40% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 1).
- Start to lay out your tomatoes starting in the upper left-hand corner and working your way down, overlapping each tomato and filling in the entire Baking Pan. Sprinkle with the sliced onions, drizzle with 1T of olive oil, season with 1T of dried oregano, garlic salt and black pepper, and top with half of the Mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of tomatoes and onions. Drizzle with 1T of olive oil and season with 1T of dried oregano, garlic salt and black pepper. Cover tightly with foil.
- Once preheated, the oven will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food. Open the oven Door and place the Baking Pan on the Wire Rack in position 2. Close the oven Door to begin Stage 1 for 35 minutes, after which the oven will beep three times.
- Open the oven Door, remove the Baking Pan, and place it on a trivet. Move the Wire Rack from Position 2 to Position 4 and close the oven Door to begin Stage 2 (Broil at 350˚F with 20% Rear Heat, 80% Top Heat, 0% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 3) for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tomatoes and sprinkle the remaining half of the Mozzarella cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Open the oven Door and place the Baking Pan onto the Wire Rack in Position 4. Close the oven Door to resume Stage 2, after which the oven will beep 3 times and display “END”. Serve and enjoy!