- 24oz. Mexican pork chorizo
- 2 red peppers, medium dice
- 4 jalapeños, seeds, removed and minced
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 8oz. white cheddar, grated
- 10oz. Velveeta Mexican style, sliced into 10 slabs, ¼-inch thick
- 1 bag tortilla chips, restaurant style
- Brown the chorizo in a nonstick sauté pan over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Once finished, place a colander into a bowl and pour in the chorizo to drain off the grease.
- Press Menu and turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 61 (Bake at 350˚F with 20% Rear Heat, 80% Top Heat, 0% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 3). Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating.
- Place the sauté pan back onto the medium-high heat and pour about 2T of the chorizo grease into the pan. Add the red peppers and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring a few times. Stir in the jalapeños and sauté the mixture for another 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add the green onions and the drained chorizo, and combine everything well.
- Place half of the chorizo mixture into an oven-proof serving dish. Arrange 5 slabs of the Velveeta cheese on top of the chorizo mixture, and over that sprinkle half of the white cheddar. Repeat, making one more layer.
- Once preheated, the oven will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food. Open the oven Door, place the chorizo into the oven on the Wire Rack at Position 3, and close the oven Door to begin cooking under Menu Preset 61 for 15 minutes, after which the oven will beep 3 times and display “END”.
- Place the Chorizo Fundido onto a serving platter, arrange the tortilla chips around it.
- Serve and enjoy.
For a spicier Fundido, don’t remove the seeds and mince the jalapeños.