Balsamic Pot Roast
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs chuck roast, boneless, trimmed
- 2 onions, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled, large dice
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, large dice
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 c chicken stock
- 1 c dry red wine
¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, fresh ground
Pat roast dry with paper towel. Season well with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper; set aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil. Adjust time to 10 minutes and press start/stop. When hot, add roast and sear on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients to pressure cooker and set to "meat/stew". Adjust time to 1 hr. Press start/stop.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid, adjust seasoning, if needed. Serve in serving bowls with toasted bread.