Banana Carrot Cake
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 4 oz carrots, grated
- 10.6 oz all-purpose flour
- 5 oz brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ pt. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz walnuts, crushed
- Juice of 1 orange
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 t soda water
- 1 t cinnamon, ground
½ t baking powder
- 3.5 oz powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 oz cream cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Grease the Silicone Baking Pan with butter; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas, carrots, sugar, eggs, oil, walnuts, and zest and juice of orange. Mix well.
- Add flour, soda water, cinnamon and baking powder on top of mixed ingredients. Using an electric hand mixer, whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a cake pan or Silicone Baking Pan. Bake at 355°F for 30 min.
- Turn down the heat to 320°F and bake for an additional 30 min. or until the cake is cooked through. When done, toothpick inserted in center will come out clean.
- Let cool in the cake pan for about 6-10 min. Flip over and out onto a cooling rack. Allow to completely cool.
- While cooling, in a bowl, mix all of the icing ingredients. Using a wooden spoon or cake spatula. Spread icing onto cake.