2½lbs chuck roast, cut into 3 pieces 1 onion, quartered
- 3T apple cider vinegar
¼c lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 dried chipotle peppers
- 1c beef stock
- 2t ground cumin
- 1T dried oregano
½t ground cloves
- 1T tomato paste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1T oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Add onions, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chipotle, beef stock, cumin, oregano, cloves, and tomato paste to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
- When oil is hot, add meat and sear for 7 minutes.
- Add bay leaves and sauce.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "meat/stew" and adjust for 60 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and remove bay leaves.
- Remove beef and transfer to plate. Shred beef with fork and let sit for 10 minutes to absorb juices.
Serve "as is" or as tacos, burritos, or in nachos.
Tip: Serve "as is" or as tacos, burritos, or in nachos.