BBQ Chicken Chili
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, small dice
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1-½ T smoked paprika
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T ground cumin
½ t pepper
- 1 t salt
- 12 oz chicken breast, cooked, boneless, skinless, shredded
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained, julienne
1-½ c cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1-½ c kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 c chicken stock
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes
½ c BBQ sauce
Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil. When oil is hot, add onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes.
Add paprika, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and salt. Sauté an additional minute.
- Add chicken, red pepper, beans, stock, tomatoes, and BBQ sauce.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup" for 10 minutes and press "start/stop".
- Perform a natural release for 20 minutes, then do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open the lid and check chili for seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle into serving bowls.