- 4-6 beets, medium size, rinsed, tops removed
- 1 c water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
½ c parsley, chopped
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T capers
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Place steamer rack in bottom of pressure cooker. Place beets on rack. Add water.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "steam/veggies", adjust time to 20 minutes, and press "start/stop".
While beets are cooking, prepare dressing. In a bowl, mix garlic, parsley, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, and capers. Mix well; set aside.
- When beets are done, natural release for 15 minutes, then do a quick released to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and check to see if beets are cooked. When done, a fork or knife will easily go into center. If not, cook an additional 5 minutes. If done, remove beets.
- Place beets under running cold water to cool.
- Using gloves, peel each beet carefully. Slice the beets.
- Arrange beet slices on a platter. Drizzle with prepared dressing over the top of beets.