- 4 medium-sized beets, peeled, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled, shredded
- 2 red potatoes, cleaned, cut into cubes
- 1T oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can beef or chicken stock
- 2c sauerkraut, drained, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1T red wine vinegar
- 1T sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
Place rack in bottom of pressure cooker and pour in 1½c of water.
- Place beets on rack.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies" and adjust for 30 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and remove beets to a bowl, set aside. Remove rack.
Set cooker to "sear" and add oil. Add onions, and fresh ground pepper and sauté.
- Return beets to cooker, and add carrots, potatoes, sauerkraut, and garlic.
- Pour in can of beef or chicken stock, red wine vinegar, and sugar. Stir.
- Close lid and lock. Set for 10 min.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and ladle borscht into serving bowls. Top with sour cream (optional).