Broiled Sirloin Steak with Classic Steak Butter
Bravo XL Oven
1½-lb sirloin steak
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
½ lb unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 T garlic, roasted
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t shallots, finely chopped
- 1 t fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 t fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 t fresh rosemary, removed from stems, finely chopped
For Classic Steak Butter
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine softened butter with garlic, salt, pepper, shallots, parsley, sage and rosemary. Roll with plastic wrap into a log shape, 1 inch in diameter. Refrigerate 2 hours or until compound butter is solid.
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil for 500°F.
- Remove steak from refrigerator and bring up to room temperature, 20 min. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray enamel baking pan with cooking spray. Place steak on pan. Broil for 5 min. Flip, and cook another 4-5 min. for medium-rare.
- When done, remove and let rest 5 min. Thinly slice against the grain. Place slab of classic steak butter on meat and let melt to infuse flavor. Serve immediately.