Brown Butter Cinnamon Cookies
- 10 T butter, sliced
- 2½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon, ground
- ½ t sea salt
- 1 c sugar, granulated
- ¼ c light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ c powdered sugar
- Place butter in a saucepan. Melt over medium heat and cook until butter begins to foam. Continue to cook, whisking frequently until the butter becomes an amber color, about 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Add granulated and brown sugar into bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Pour butter into the sugars and mix on medium speed to combine. Add in eggs and vanilla, mixing just until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Remove and cover the mixing bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Divide the chilled dough into 1 T-sized balls. Roll each ball in powdered sugar and place onto the prepared pan, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.