Carne Con Papa (Cuban Beef Stew)
½ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 T oregano
½ t black pepper, cracked
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, 2-inch cubes
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1 c beef stock
- 1 t cilantro, fine minced
- Parsley, rough chop (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil. When oil is hot, add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add salt, paprika, oregano, and black pepper and stir. Add beef stew meat to brown.
- Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, wine, beef stock, and cilantro. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", and adjust time to 8 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 15 minutes, then quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and ladle over cooked rice. Garnish with parsley.