Charred tomato Salsa
Sauces, Jams & Condiments
- 6 Roma tomatoes, each cut in half lengthwise
¼ yellow onion, peeled, cut into ¼-inch strips
½ jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 1 oz cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the Grill/Griddle Plate (Grill-side up, top) into the Duet. Place on the Air Fryer Lid and press "AIR FRY". Turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust temp to 400°F. Press "TIME" and turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust time to 10 min.
Press "PREHEAT" then press "START/PAUSE" to start preheating.
- While preheating, spray vegetables with cooking spray and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When preheated, remove Lid. Spray Grill Plate with cooking spray. Place vegetables on Grill Plate. Return Air Fryer Lid to automatically begin cooking.
- When done, remove Lid. Remove vegetables and transfer to a blender (Moxie) or food processor.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, and then pureé.
- Add additional salt or freshly ground black pepper to taste, as needed. Remove from blender and serve or refrigerate.