Chicago Italian Beef
Bravo XL Oven
- 1 (5- lb) rump roast
- 3 c water
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t onion salt
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (0.7-oz) pkg. dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 10 (6-inch) French rolls
- Hot giardiniera (prepared, for garnish)
- Preheat Bravo and set to roast at 300°F.
- In a saucepan, combine water with salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix. Stir well. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Place rump roast into a roasting pan. Pour aus jus over roast. Roast at 300°F for 2-3 hrs.
- When done, remove beef. Remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.
- Pile shredded meat in rolls and garnish with hot Gardiner.