Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Bravo XL Oven
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 6 T butter, unsalted, softened
- ½ c sugar, granulated
- ½ c light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 6 T cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- ¾ c milk
- ¾ c black cherry preserves
- 1 c butter, unsalted, softened
- 3 c confectioners' sugar
- 2 T heavy cream
- ⅓ c black cherry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, butter, and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat until well blended.
- Place 2 T of batter into each Silicone Cupcake Liner (with or without tray) and bake for 12-17 minutes. When done, toothpick inserted into center will come out with only a few dry crumbs.
- Remove cupcakes immediately from Liners. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Using the point of a pairing knife or other small knife, cut a small well in the top-center of each cupcake. Reserve each cut-out top. Fill each well with cherry preserves. Replace reserved tops onto each cupcake. Top each with frosting. Garnish with fresh cherries dipped in chocolate, if desired.
- Beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the cream until frosting reaches spreadable consistency. Add cherry preserves. If frosting becomes too loose or looks curdled, add more powdered sugar 1 T at a time until frosting comes together once again.