Cinnamon Poached Pears
Medley Digital Skillet
- 6 Bosc pears, peeled
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 (750-ml) bottle white wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Pinch of salt
- Set Skillet to 420ºF, add water, wine, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add cinnamon sticks, then carefully add pears.
- Reduce to 275ºF, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until you can pierce all the way through with a skewer.
- Turn Skillet off and let pears cool in liquid.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream.
Poached pears are a great compliment for any salad.