Creamy Asparagus Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
3 lbs asparagus, trimmed, ½-inch pieces
- 3 c vegetable stock
- 3 c whole milk
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 10 minutes, press "start/stop", and add oil. When oil is hot, add onions, carrots, celery, and asparagus and sauté for 7-8 minutes then add vegetable stock.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup" and adjust time to 3 minutes and press "start/stop".
- When done, do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening the lid.
- Carefully open the lid and slowly stir in milk. Set pressure cooker to "sear" and allow to simmer until soup slightly thickens. Check sauce for seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle soup into serving dishes and serve.