Bulgur Wheat Pilaf
½c bulgur wheat
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, fresh, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, medium dice (optional)
½c bell pepper, medium dice (optional)
- 2T coriander leaves, finely chopped (optional)
¼t chili powder (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1T vegetable oil
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 1T parsley (for garnish)
- In a saucepan, add water and bring up to a boil. Add pinch of sea salt.
- Place bulgur wheat in a bowl. Add boiled, salted water to the bulgur. Cover and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil.
Add cinnamon and garlic and sauté for a few seconds, and then add onions, and ginger. Sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add bell pepper and carrots (substitute vegetables with broccoli, corn, cauliflower, or peas).
- Add chili powder, and sea salt, to taste, if needed. Pour reserved bulgur wheat from bowl into cooker.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "rice" and adjust for 4 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and fluff with a fork.