Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 c yellow lentils, dried, well rinsed
- 5 c cold water
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 inches
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 2 t black mustard seeds
- 2 t cumin seeds
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2-3 green cayenne chilies, seeded, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T garlic minced
- 1 T fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ t sea salt
½ lemon juice
- 1 c fresh cilantro, rough chop
- Add yellow lentils to pressure cooker with 5c cold water. Add turmeric and black cardamom pods.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "multi grain", adjust time to 25 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- While cooking, add oil to a skillet and heat. Add cinnamon sticks, green cardamom, and cloves. When cardamom pods turn white and the heads of the cloves swell, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When seeds begin to sizzle, add scallions, chilies, garlic, and ginger. When fragrant, add tomatoes. Take skillet off heat and let sit.
- When lentils are done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and add contents from skillet to cooker. Stir. Season with sea salt. Add lemon juice and cilantro.