Elotes with Spicy Mayonnaise
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 gal water
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 T garlic powder
- ½ T cayenne pepper
- ½ c cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
Soak corn in water for 1 hour. Trim stems to help fit the ears on the grill. Grill corn at 300°F 50/50 for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
Remove husks and silk from each ear; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder with mayonnaise.
- Place cotija cheese in a shallow baking dish or plate.
- Brush corn with the garlic mayonnaise. Roll in cotija cheese and sprinkle with cilantro and cayenne pepper.
- Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over the corn.