Green Coconut Curry Pork
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 lbs pork shoulder, 3-4 pieces
- 4 oz green curry paste
- 1 (13.5-oz) can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cleaned, wedges
- 2 sea salt, divided
½ t freshly ground black pepper
¼ c cilantro, finely chopped (for garnish)
Set to "sear", add oil, and adjust for 30 minutes. Add pork to the cooker, working in batches, if needed. Sear meat on all sides until a deep golden brown is reached; set aside.
- Wipe out the pot. Set to "sear" and adjust for 10 minutes. Add oil. When hot, add curry paste and cook until the paste absorbs most of oil.
- Stir in coconut milk and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Place potatoes in and season with salt. Return pork to cooker and on top of potatoes.
- Cover with glass lid. Set to "slow cook" and adjust for 6 hrs.
- When done, remove pork. Shred the meat with a fork. Discard the fat cap.
- Return shredded pork to cooker and mix in well with curry sauce. Serve pork over rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro.