Grilled Filet Mignon
- 2 filets mignon, 8oz. each
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the plug-in Grill into the unit in Position 1.
Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial arrows to select one of the following Menu Presets:
• Rare - 64 • Medium Rare - 65 • Medium - 66 • Medium Well - 67 • Well - 68
- Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the door and spray the plug-in Grill with cooking spray. Season each filet with salt and pepper and place them on the hot plug-in Grill.
- Insert the Probe into one of the filets and close the door to begin cooking Stage 1 (450˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F).
The unit will beep 3 times, alerting you to flip the filets before it moves on to Stage 2, which is 450˚F to the desired internal Probe temperature of:
• Rare - 115˚F • Medium Rare - 125˚F • Medium - 135˚F • Medium Well - 140˚F • Well - 155˚F
After Stage 2, the unit will beep twice. Open the door and remove the filets, leaving in the Probe to monitor carryover cooking:
• Rare - 125˚F • Medium Rare - 135˚F • Medium - 145˚F • Medium Well - 150˚F • Well - 165˚F
- When the carryover target temperature is reached, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.