Grilled Chimichurri Skirt Steak
Todd English Pro-Smart Grill
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, about 1c, packed
- 5 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped, about 3T
- 1T dried oregano
- 1t crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛c red wine vinegar
- 1lb. skirt steak
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until they are just combined
- then set aside. Place the steak in a bowl or container and spread 4T of Chimichurri sauce evenly on all sides of the steak. Let the steak marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or in the refrigerator from 2 hours to overnight.
- Place the plug-in Grill into Position 1. Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 18 (Well). Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the door, season the steak with salt and pepper, and place it on the hot plug-in Grill. Close the door to begin Stage 1, (425˚F, 30% Top heat and 70% Bottom heat, for 4 minutes) after which the unit will beep three times.
- Open the door and flip the steak. Close the door to begin Stage 2 (350˚F for 3 minutes) until the steak is Well Done (internal temperature of 165˚F), after which the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Remove the steak and allow it to rest for 5 minutes, and then slice it, going against the grain. Serve the steak with the remaining Chimichurri sauce.
- Marinate the steak in a container made from non-reactive materials such as plastic, enamel, glass or stainless steel.
- When marinating the steak in the refrigerator, allow the meat to return to room temperature before cooking, about 30 minutes.
- Chimichurri sauce is best served at room temperature.