Classic Bacon Cheeseburger
- 1½lbs. ground beef
- ½c fresh chopped onions
- 2T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 leaves lettuce
- Choice of Spread (optional)
- Place the ground beef in a mixing bowl. Combine with the chopped onions, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and salt and pepper. Form 4 hamburger patties, 6oz. each.
Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select one of the following Menu Presets:
• Rare -13 • Medium Rare - 14 • Medium - 15 • Medium Well - 16 • Well - 17
- Place the plug-in Grill into Position 1. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Open the door. Place the patties on the plug-in Grill in Position 1. Insert the Probe and close the door to begin Stage 1 (450˚F 30% Top heat, 70% Bottom heat to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F).
- When the unit beeps three times, open the door and flip the burgers.
Close the door to begin Stage 2, which is 450˚F to a carryover internal Probe temperature of:
• Rare - 115˚F • Medium Rare - 125˚F • Medium - 135˚F • Medium Well - 140˚F • Well - 155˚F
Once the desired temperature is reached, the unit will double beep 3 times. Remove the patties, leaving in the Probe to monitor carryover cooking to:
• Rare - 125˚F • Medium Rare - 135˚F • Medium - 145˚F • Medium Well - 150˚F • Well - 165˚F
- When the carryover target temperature is reached, the unit will beep three times and display “End”. Place the hamburger buns on a serving tray. Place one patty on each bun, and then add cheese, tomato slice, bacon, and lettuce on each with your choice of spread.