Harissa-Crusted Tri-Tip Roast
Bravo XL Oven
- 1 (2-lb) tri-tip beef roast, most of fat layer trimmed
- 1¾ t caraway seeds
- ¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- ¼ c sambal oelek
- 2 T tomato sauce
1½ t ground cumin
1¼ t chili powder
- Preheat Bravo and set to roast at 360°F.
- Toast caraway seeds in nonstick frying pan on stove over medium-high heat to release oil. Add olive oil and garlic cloves to caraway seeds. Toss and remove from heat.
- Pour caraway mixture into a food processor. Add sambal, tomato sauce, cumin, and chili powder and pureé. Season with salt.
- Place roast in enamel baking pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over beef. Rub harissa all over beef.
- Insert Probe into roast. Set Probe to 120°F for medium-rare. Place into Bravo. Cook until internal temperature of 120°F is reached.
- When done, remove roast. Let rest 10 min. Slice and serve.