Homemade Hazelnut Spread
Sauces, jams & condiments
- 2 C hazelnuts
- 10 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 2-3 T canola oil
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 2 T dark cocoa powder
½ t vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
Place hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and toast in an oven at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Once toasted, place hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel and rub off skins. Transfer to blender.
- Add all remaining ingredients to blender.
- Set to 10 and blend for 1 minute or until creamy. Occasionally scrape the sides of jar with a rubber spatula, if needed.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the spread to become firm.