Indian Apple Spice Butter Chicken
Bravo XL Oven
- 1 c chopped onion (medium)
- 3 T finely chopped garlic
- 2 T finely chopped fresh ginger
- Sea salt
- 1 small green fresh Thai or serrano chile, coarsely chopped, including seeds
- 1 t white distilled vinegar
- ? c thick plain yogurt (Greek yogurt)
- 1½ T ground coriander
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 t ground turmeric
- ½ t cayenne
- 1 (3½-lb) chicken quartered, backbone removed, as much skin as possible discarded
- ½ c ghee
- Purée onion, garlic, ginger, salt, chile, and vinegar to a smooth paste. Transfer to a large wide bowl. Whisk in yogurt, coriander, oil, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Add chicken pieces to bowl. Turn to coat. Marinate in fridge at least 16 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 min. before roasting.
- Preheat Bravo to 350°F.
- Insert Probe in largest chicken piece. Set Probe for 165°F. Brush ghee onto chicken and place in baking pan. Cook 10 min.
- Brush some more ghee over chicken. Flip and finish cooking until internal temperature of 165°F is reached. When finished, brush remaining ghee over chicken. Cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Transfer to platter and serve.