- 1 lb pizza dough
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ c shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ c diced pepperoni
- ½ c sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 T dried basil leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
To make the filling, in a large bowl, combine ricotta and cheddar cheeses, pepperoni, mushrooms, and basil leaves. Mix well. Cover bowl and refrigerate to chill.
Roll the dough into 2 thin circles. Fill each circle with half of the chilled cheese/meat filling. Fold over, securing edges by folding in and pressing down with fork. Brush the top of each calzone with beaten egg.
- Preheat the Pizza Stone in Bravo at 450°F 30/90 for 30 min. to get Stone hot.
- Place calzones onto Pizza Stone and cook for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Using the Pizza Peel, remove calzones. Cut into fourths and serve hot.