Italian Sausage Skewers
- 3 links Italian sausage (cut into 30 rings total)
- 1 red pepper (cut into 15 pieces)
- 1 green pepper (cut into 15 pieces)
- 1 onion (cut into 15 pieces)
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 t dried oregano
- 2 t paprika
- Sea salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
Place sausage in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and season with oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper; set aside.
Using the 7.5- and 5.5-inch skewers, place 2 pieces of sausage and 1 (of each) vegetable on each skewer, alternating with each until the skewer is full. Leave about ½ inch on each end of the skewer.
- Brush each skewer with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place one Dehydrator Rack into the bottom of the Inner Pot. Arrange skewers on top of Rack in a row in the following order: (one) 5.5-inch skewer; (three) 7.5-inch skewers; and another 5.5-inch skewer.
- If necessary, place another Rack on top of bottom Rack. Place additional skewers on top. Repeat with another Rack and skewers, if necessary.
Press "AIR FRY" and turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust temp to 375°F. Press "TIME" and turn "START/PAUSE" to adjust to 12-14 min. Press "START/PAUSE" to cook.
When done, sausage will be golden brown and will reach an internal temperature of 160°F. (Press "CANCEL" to stop the cooking, if necessary.) Use a hand-held thermometer to check internal temperature of sausage.