Korean Short Rib Soup
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 6 lbs short ribs
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions (white parts, green parts divided)
- 4 T fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 6 c chicken stock
- 3 T Korean red chili paste
½ c soy sauce
¼ c sugar
2 T dark sesame oil
- 12 oz medium-thick rice noodles
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
½ c cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop". When hot, add short ribs and sear until golden brown; set aside.
- Add garlic, scallions (white parts), and ginger to remaining oil in pot. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, chili paste, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Return ribs to pressure cooker.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", adjust time to 45 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 15 minutes, then quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Cook rice noodles as directed on package. Divide noodles into 6 bowls. Add grated carrot, cucumber, cilantro, lime, and scallions (green parts) to each bowl.
- Carefully open lid and shred the cooked short ribs. Add shredded meat to each bowl. Ladle stock into each bowl.