Lemon-Thyme Honey Roasted Chicken
- 1 (4½-5 lb) whole uncooked chicken
Juice of 2 lemons (¼ c lemon juice)
¼ c hot water
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c lemon juice
2 T sea salt plus extra
1 T whole black peppercorns
5 sprigs fresh thyme
5 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
1 T canola oil
2 t freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse chicken. Truss the chicken with cooking twine.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, hot water, honey, and 2T salt. Pour mixture into inner pot. Place whole peppercorns, thyme, and garlic in the pot.
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “PRESSURE” to select high. Press “TIME” and set for 22 min.
- Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature to 400°F. Press “TIME” and set to 12 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Place chicken into the Duet Air Fry Basket and place Basket in pot.
- Place on the Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “OPEN” position.
- Select “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
- When done, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. After 5 min., quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Brush chicken with canola oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin to air fry. Cook until desired level of crispiness is reached. Add an additional 10 minutes for crispier results.
- When done, 165°F should be reached.
- Remove chicken from air fry basket using 2 large serving forks. Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.