- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 white onions, small dice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10-oz) pkg. white button mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 2 (10-oz) pkg. baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T tapioca flour
- 3 c vegetable stock
- 2 c almond milk
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cashew cheese or Parmesan
- cheese (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes (a lot of water will be released from mushrooms). Stir mushrooms and add thyme. Add bay leaves, sea salt, and soy sauce.
- In a bowl, add tapioca flour with vegetable stock. Whisk together. Pour tapioca mixture into cooker. Mix in with mushrooms and stir. Pour in almond milk. Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust for 10 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with cashew cheese or Parmesan cheese.