- 2 cups sugar
½ cup water
- 1 stick unsalted butter
⅓ cup light corn syrup
½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces roasted or raw almonds, and/or sliced or slivered pecans
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
- Cooking spray
- Coat Silicone Pizza Liner with cooking spray.
In 3-quart PerfectGreen saucepan, combine sugar, water, butter and corn syrup and bring to boil on Medium-High (375 °F).
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until caramel is light brown and registers 300 degrees on a candy thermometer. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully stir in baking soda. The mixture will bubble.
- Stir in nuts, then immediately scrape brittle using silicone spatula onto Silicone Pizza Liner.
- With back of silicone spatula, spread brittle into thin, even layer. Lightly oil spatula if it sticks.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Let brittle cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- Break brittle into large shards.
- The brittle can be stored in a Flavor-Lockers container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Leftover brittle can be grounded in the NuWave Twister to make a great garnish on top of ice cream, crepes or flan.