Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 lbs octopus tentacles, cleaned
- 1 c water
- 2 lemons, juice only, divided
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 T whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 white onion, halved
- 4 cloves whole garlic, plus 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 c greens mixed salad
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- Add octopus and water to pressure cooker. Add the juice of 1 lemon, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves, parsley, onion, and garlic.
- Close and lock lid and set pressure cooker to "fish" adjust time to 45 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 15 minutes, and then quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove octopus. Insert a knife into the thickest part of one of the tentacles. When done, the knife will easily slide in. If its still tough to insert all the way, place octopus back in and cook and adjust for an additional minute. If done, let it cool down.
- Cut octopus into 2-inch pieces. In a bowl, add the minced garlic, 2T chopped parsley, juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Mix well. Toss octopus with vinaigrette and serve over mixed greens salad.