Nutri-Pot Pressure Cooker
- 4 lbs oxtail
- 3 c water
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 bay leaves, whole
- 3 c red wine
- 1 c beef stock
- 1 (15-oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 c pancetta, small dice
- 1 c onion, small dice
- 1 c celery, small dice
- 2 t garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, ground
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 20 minutes, and add oxtail. Press start/stop. Pour in enough water to cover oxtail. Allow oxtail to simmer in water to release fat, about 10-15 minutes.
- When fat and oxtail excess imperfections have been released, drain the water. Remove oxtail. Trim off any additional fat remaining on oxtail.
- Return oxtail to cooker. Pour in 3c of water. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew" and adjust time to 5 minutes. Press start/stop.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and drain remaining water.
- Add cloves, bay leaves, red wine, beef stock, tomatoes, pancetta, onion, celery, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Close and lock lid. Set to "meat/stew" for 1 hr, 15 minutes. Press start/stop.
- When done, natural release for 15 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid. Ladle out half of liquid left in cooker.
- Carefully remove oxtail, set aside. Set to "sear", press stop/start, and allow the remaining liquid in the cooker to thicken.
- Chop oxtail and return into sauce in cooker. Stir and serve.